Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Dog - Hypoallergenic DR 21
by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet
- Please consult your vet before feeding your pet with a veterinary diet. Your vet will be able to give detailed information and advice on possible treatment for your pet.
- When feeding your pet with a veterinary diet, you must take your pet to your vet for a check-up every six months.
- Should your pet's health deteriorate whilst feeding this product seek veterinary advice immediately.
- By adding this product to your shopping basket you are confirming that you have read and understood the above information
Food intolerances and allergies occur when your pet's immune system reacts to something, frequently innocuous. The gastro-intestinal tract and skin are two very sensitive organs which are exposed to all manner of things and sometimes the body can't cope. When this happens your pet's immune system reacts with food intolerance or allergies.
Your dog will present with increased itchy skin or diarrhoea because it is reacting to a specific ingredient in its food such as animal or vegetable protein which is potentially allergenic. It doesn't matter how much or how little of something your pet's food contains, because even the smallest trace can trigger a bad allergic reaction. Unfortunately pet owners can only rarely identify the exact ingredient which causes an allergic reaction.
Most pets don't suffer with extreme allergies but rather with a variety of food intolerances. No matter whether it is a clinically recognised specific food allergy or a more general intolerance of certain ingredients or nutrients, it can be distressing and worrying for you and your pet.
- Food elimination trial
- Food intolerance / allergy
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Chronic idiopathic colitis
- Food allergies with dermatological and/or gastro-intestinal symptoms
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)
- Acute pancreatitis
- History of pancreatitis
- Hydrolysed protein: Hydrolysed soya protein consists of peptides with low molecular weight. This makes the food hypoallergenic and highly digestible.
- Skin barrier: A patented complex with high levels of biotin, niacin and pantothenic acid, combined with a zinc-linoleic acid mixture, helps to reduce fluid loss through the skin and to improve the barrier effect of the skin.
- EPA/DHA: Fatty acids to help maintain a healthy digestive system and a healthy skin.